1. Gandhiji in his childhood
2. Young Gandhi in South Africa in 1909.
3. Mahatma Gandhiji at the age of 18.
4. Voters outside the Town Hall in Delhi during polling in the Assembly elections in December 1934.
5. The last picture of Bose on August 18, 1945.
6. The famous poet Rabindranath Tagore with Mahatma Gandhi and Kasturba Gandhi at Santiniketan, West Bengal in 1940.
7. Tatya Tope with his special troops in 1857.
8. Swami Vivekananda at Parliament of Religions.
9. Subhas Chandra Bose in Badgastein, Austria.
10. Spitting a library in 1947.
11. Newspaper report of 1947 of India’s independence.
12. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose with his brother Sudhir Chandra Bose and his wife – 1939.
13. Mumbai’s much-loved icon. When Taj opened in 1903 – as the finest hotel in the East.
14. MountBatten swears Jawaharlal Nehru in as Prime minister of India in the wee hours of the 15th August, 1947.
15. MountBatten arrives at Delhi airport and is been received by Nehru and Liaquat Ali on March 25, 1947.
16. Lal Bahadur Shastri family photo.
17. Governor General Lord Mountbatten salutes India’s National flag as Edwina Mountbatten and PM Jawaharlal Nehru.
18. Gandhiji’s final funeral procession.
19. Members of the Indian National Congress (foreground left to right) Mahatma Gandhi (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, 1869 – 1948), Subhas Chandra Bose (1897 – 1945) and Vallabhai Patel (1875-1950) during the 51st Indian National Congress.
20. First Freedom Struggle of India in 1857.
21. Bullock carts posed on a Bombay street, 1910.
22. Bahadur-Shah-Zafar-(last-mughal-emperor)-exiled-in-Rangoon. May-1858.
23. After the news of Gandhi’s assassination in 1948 a stunned crowd gathers in Calcutta.
24. A Newspaper cutting of August.
25. A busy street in Delhi in 1908.
26. A British man gets a pedicure from an Indian servant.
27. 1st parade after the independence on 15th August, 1947.
28. The last Nizam of Hyderabad state greets Sardar Patel at Begumpet Airport after the success of Operation Polo, 1948.
29. Tata launched its first Mercedes Benz diesel truck, Telco.
30. Subash Chandra Bose Meets Hitler, 1940s.
31. Sir CV Raman explaining the Raman effect,1953.
32. Sikh Regiment Of The British Indian Army in Mesopotamia during World War I, being led by the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
33. Sikh Indian soldiers arrive in France, World War 1.
34. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Alighting from Car – 1930-40’s.
35. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan(Frontier Gandhi) and Mahatma Gandhi in Peshawar, 1920.
36. Indian Silent Film Actress Seeta Devi – 1925.
37. Gurkhas and tanks advance during the battle Of Imphal, World War II.
38. Female Prisoners at Andaman, known as Kaala Paani( Black Water).
39. Cornelia Sorabji, the first female advocate from India and the first woman to study law at Oxford, making a radio broadcast in London in Circa 1931.
40. C.V. Raman with his spectrograph.
41. Burning an effigy of Ravana on Dusshera, 1930 at Balochistan.
42. An elephant at an allied airfield in India loads an American C-46 during world war II.
43. A Hindu ascetic(Aghori Sadhu) with His Full Traveling Equipment, 1940.
All images have been sourced from the Google database. Many of the great old images are scattered all over the internet. I’m trying to consolidate images/news/sayings from the past which are worth remembering.